Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Double Dog Dare

One day this past October my husband picked me up from work for a lunch date. Feeling irritated, I climbed up in his truck and said "I want to sell everything we own, buy a travel trailer, and go live on the beach." He looked at me and said "Yes! Let's do that." Just like that.

We were silent for a few minutes. I think the revelation that we both wanted to change our lives was a surprise. My husband, Tracy, eventually ventured to say I would never be able to follow through. I would not want to leave our kids, and family. At that point I realized the only thing holding me back from making a change that I have wanted for years was fear. Fear of not having enough money, fear of leaving familiarity, fear of change. I vowed to myself, I will do this. I felt like I had been dared. Double dog dared.





Add to Flipboard Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment